Do I Have Asthma? What Do I Do Now?
- Asthma Types
- Asthma Symptoms: Is It Asthma?
- Asthma Diagnosis
- Asthma Control & Monitoring
- Working With Your Doctor
Did you know that there are several different types of asthma? Understanding what type of asthma you have may help you prevent asthma symptoms and take more effective steps to treat your asthma.
- Occupational Asthma
- Exercise Induced Asthma
- Cough Variant Asthma
- Medication Induced Asthma
- Nocturnal Asthma
- What Is Your Asthma Severity Classification?
- What Is Intermittent Asthma?
- What Is Mild Persistent Asthma?
- What Is Moderate Persistent Asthma?
- What Is Severe Persistent Asthma?
Asthma Symptoms: Is It Asthma?
"Not all that wheezes is asthma" is a common adage taught to doctors in training. That said, most patients who have typical signs and symptoms of asthma do not have some rare or uncommon disease. Learn about the common symptoms of asthma and some of the not-so-common diseases that may mimic asthma.
- Asthma Symptoms- What You Need to Know
- Wheezing Is a Common Adult Symptom
- Wheezing Is a Classic Symptom of Childhood Asthma
- What Does Shortness of Breath Mean For My Asthma?
- Is Your Chest Tightness Asthma Or Something Else?
- Chronic Cough Is a Common and Annoying Asthma Symptom
- 5 Conditions to Consider if Your Asthma Is Worsening
- Is Your Chest Wheezing Asthma?
- Other Causes of Wheezing
- Symptom Checker-Understand Your Symptoms and What They Could Mean
- How Do I Know If I Have Asthma?
- How Do I Know if My Child has Asthma?
Diagnosing asthma is not always easy. Learn about common tests your doctor may perform to help diagnose asthma.
- Diagnosing Asthma: Getting a Diagnosis of Asthma Is Not Always Easy
- Diagnostic Tests Used in Asthma
- Using Spirometry to Diagnose Asthma
- What is Bronchoprovocation Challenge Testing?
Asthma Control & Monitoring
In order to monitor your asthma, you need to track and record all your asthma symptoms on a regular basis. Monitoring asthma is an important part of your overall asthma plan. In business, there is an adage that "that which cannot be measured cannot be changed." Your asthma is no different, and monitoring asthma symptoms is a very important part of your overall asthma action plan.
- How Well Is Your Asthma Controlled?
- How Well Is Your Child's Asthma Controlled?
- Am I at Risk for a Fatal Asthma Attack?
- Why It Is Important To Monitor Asthma Symptoms
- What Are The Essential Steps In Monitoring Asthma?
- Why Are Peak Flow and Peak Flow Meters Vital For My Asthma?
- Why Is a Peak Flow Meter Important?
- How Do I Use a Peak Flow Meter?
Working With Your Doctor
While you need to learn as much as you can about asthma, your doctor needs to be your partner. Learn how to improve communication with your doctor and ask your doctor about getting more information.