By Pat Bass
Basic information is essential to gain control of your asthma. Learn what you need to know and do.
- What Do I Do In An Asthma Attack?
- Treatment Overview
- Rescue Medications & How They Work
- Monitoring Your Asthma
- What Types of Asthma Medication Are Used to Treat Asthma?
- Rescue Inhalers: How They Treat Acute Asthma Symptoms
- Long Acting Beta Agonists Provide Symptom Control
- Advair and Symbicort: Combination Asthma Inhalers
- What Is the Role of Singulair (Monteleukast) in Asthma?
- Everything You Need To Know About Xolair (Omalizumab)
- Are Primatene Mist And Generic Epinephrine Inhalers Safe?
Alternative Asthma Treatment
Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies for the management of asthma are becoming increasingly popular. In this section you will learn about CAM therapies for asthma and the evidence supporting their use. Importantly, since most patients seek these treatments without their doctor's advice, can these treatments cause me harm?
- What Is Alternative Asthma Treatment?
- Is Alternative Asthma Therapy Safe and Effective
- Does Acupuncture Ease Asthma?
- Treating Asthma With Herbs
- Will Ginkgo Improve My Asthma?
- Are My Diet And Asthma Related?
- What Is the Buteyko Breathing Method?
- How Do I Perform Buteyko Breathing?
- Talking With Your Doctor About Alternative Treatments
- Have You Ever Considered Using An Alternative Asthma Treatment?
Medication Side Effects
All medications have side effects. It is important for you to know what to expect and how to prevent side effects from your asthma medication.
- What Are the Common Albuterol Side Effects Seen With Quick Relief Inhalers?
- What Are Common Inhaled Corticosteroids Side Effects?
- What Xolair Side Effects Should I Be Concerned With?
- Does Xolair Increase Cancer Risk?
- What Is Xolair Anaphylaxis?
There are many different asthma doctors with different sorts of training that can care for your asthma. No matter which type of asthma doctor takes care of you or your child with asthma, your asthma doctor will work with you to diagnose and develop and prescribe a cost-effective treatment for your child's asthma.
- Do I Need An Asthma Specialist?
- Do Asthma Specialist Improve My Asthma Care?
- Questions To Ask When Choosing A Doctor For My Asthma
- What Is an Allergist?