By Joshua Davidson, MD, About.com Guide
- Avoiding Triggers
- Asthma & Allergy
- Working With Your Doctor
- Living With Asthma
- Asthma Prevention- Your Turn
If you can avoid the things that trigger your asthma, you may not need as much medicine and will probably feel better.
- Know What Triggers Your Asthma Symptoms
- Identifying & Avoiding Your Asthma triggers
- Is Secondhand Smoke Worsening Your Asthma?
- Is Your Pet's Dander Worsening Your Asthma?
- Are Dust Mites Making Your Asthma Difficult to Control?
- Are Cockroaches Making Your Asthma Difficult to Control?
- Is Household Mold Worsening Your Asthma?
Asthma & Allergy
Allergy and asthma are intertwined. Some people have symptoms year round, because of triggers in our everyday living environment, while other people only deal with the seasonal symptoms at certain times of the year. No matter what time of year allergies affect your asthma symptoms, understanding the asthma allergy connection is essential to keep symptoms at bay. A combination of preventive actions and treatments are usually all you will need to take care of your allergy symptoms.
- Does Hay Fever Sneezing Lead to Wheezing?
- Hay Fever Treatment- What Options Are Available?
- Is Ragweed Allergy Making Your Asthma Worse?
- Why Is IgE Important and How Does IgE Affect My Asthma?
- Your Immune System May Be Worsening Your Asthma
- What Is Human Seminal Plasma Allergy (HSPA)?
- Mast Cells
- Do Allergy Shots Work?
- Everything You Need To Know About Xolair
- Allergy Testing for Asthma
- Antihistamines - Allergy Treatment
Working With Your Doctor
Clear communication, both from you to your doctor and from your doctor to you, is essential to understanding and caring for your asthma. Have you ever left your doctor's appointment feeling confused? Do all the different instructions to care for your asthma frustrate you? Do you worry that you are not taking your asthma medications correctly and the possible side effects that might result? You can't get your asthma under control alone. You need expert advice and care. Learn how to get the most out of your asthma care professional and how to effectively communicate with them.
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Asthma
- Getting A Health Information Prescription
- Can My Doctor Cure Asthma?
Living With Asthma
Living with any chronic illness can be difficult and asthma is no different. Learn what you need to know and do to get your asthma under control and make your asthma more liveable.
- Coping With Asthma
- 10 Tips For Coping With Asthma
- Does Stress Worsen My Asthma?
- How Do Circadian Rhythms Affect My Asthma?
Asthma Prevention- Your Turn
You have an incredible amount of knowledge and can help other members of our asthma community. Provide your insight to these common asthma problems and help another member of our asthma community get control of their asthma.